Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 11, 2008 - WOW!!! Roosevelt

Wow! The forecast was Good for anywhere between Doug's and Arlington. We made the call for Roosevelt. Great Call. It turned out that Doug's went Nuclear, over 50mph, blowing even the locals off the water except for the real pro's.....

I sailed my 4.8 and 78 litre Acid all day - at times way overpowered. The other guy's were on 3.7's or 4.0's. Everyone had a great day, with the possible exception of Moritz. While he started to nail his port (outbound) waterstarts, he is still having trouble with Starboard (towards the beach). This resulted in an issue with getting back, and eventually a drift down wind. We mounted a rescue and caught up with him a few KM down wind. We tied a rope to his board and Brad dragged him to shore. He was very happy to get his feet on the shore.... Jim S. drove down with the Van to pick him up.

Swells were great, I did one of the best jumps of my life, and Kent saw it!! Very good day for everyone. We sailed until 6:30pm. It was still blowing when we left, but none of us had anything left.....



Kent and Blaine rigged a special fin for Jim Soneff

4.2 was the call!!!
Mid afternoon, I tried out may Helmet Cam.
Mixed (poor) results. I didn't have the resolution set right.
May try again tomorrow....

Jim had a great day. His Jibes started to work!!! His Knee hurts now, but he figures he will be ready for tomorrow.
Cam had a great day!
Somebody stole Ted's Camera and took this photo....

Jim S. Loading the van after a Great Day!

I sailed until I had nothing left (Around 6:30pm). The wind on the river hadn't even started to back off.


Sunset photo looking back on the river about 1/2 way home. Still capping!!

When I drove by Doug's at about 8:30, there were still huge swells. Glad I wasn't there, I would have had to try it, and would not have had fun....

It's supposed to be windy again tomorrow!!

No comments: